Announcing the 2019 UMSAT Show
Saturday, April 13, 2019
9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
New Location for 2019!
Jimmy's Event Center
1132 County Road E East
Vadnais Heights, MN 55110
Don't miss the kickoff event, "Friday Night at the Movies"
Friday, April 12, 2019
7:00 to 10:00 PM
To learn more, please visit the UMSAT Show website by clicking on the link below
UMSAT Show Website
Is your business related to Scuba Diving or Adventure Travel?
You can be a Platinum, Gold or Silver Sponsor for the Show!
If you are a business associated with Scuba Diving Maritime History, Adventure Sports or Travel, and would like to participate as an Exhibitor in our EXPO, please click on the button below for the Contract and Registration form.
UMSAT Show 2019 Exhibitors Contract
If you would like to help promote the UMSAT Show, please contact us for additional information on how you can help.
If you have any need for training, dive gear, repair services, tropical dive trips or charters to the great lakes, please use any of the sponsors listed below. You can click on any of the logos to find them on their websites. The logos are also on the front page of the UMSAT Show and GLSPS Websites.
If you kept your program books from the previous show, it has very valuable information in it that you can use throughout the year, including Dive Shops, Charter Services, repair services, and dive equipment. Please patronize the local businesses that advertise in the program book and listed as sponsors on the site. They may likely have a discount if you tell them you found their ad in the UMSAT Show Program Book!
If you would like to Advertise in the UMSAT Show Program Book, please contact us.
We Need VOLUNTEERS!
If you would like to VOLUNTEER to help at the show, please click on "Contact Us" and send Bob Nelson an email.
1/2 price on the lunch is given to all volunteers!
This year we will be presenting the Awards during the two hour lunch break. A featured speaker will be presenting after the award presentation. We are hoping to present all three Awards this year
Divers, historians, show speakers and shipwreck enthusiasts will join us for the sit down lunch to socialize, have a "Buffet Lunch" and honor our 2019 Award Winners.
Below are the Platinum, Gold and Silver Sponsors for the 2018
Please let us Know if you are Interested in Becoming a Sponsor!
Please give them the recognition by patronizing their businesses and visiting or calling them at their stores.
Please Click on the Logos Below to Gain Access to their Websites
Platinum - Sponsors for the 2018 UMSAT Show
Gold - Sponsors for the 2018 UMSAT Show
Silver - Sponsors for the 2018 UMSAT Show
Past UMSAT shows have proven to be amazing
and entertaining, you DO NOT want to miss this year's show!
Please Mark You Calendars, the 2018 UMSAT Show will begin
Friday, April 12, 2019
for the Friday Night at the Movies
Starting at 7:00 PM and Goes until 10:00 PM.
Saturday April 13, 2019 is the Main Show
and will start at 9:00 AM and goes to 6:00 PM.
The after / Social Meet and Greet Party Starts at 7:00 PM
Please join us for the UMSAT Show at the
Jimmy's Event, MN.
UMSAT Show Committee
Show Cell - 612-567-3305
GLSPS Board of Directors
The UMSAT Show 2018 was another GREAT Show!
Our Sincere Thanks to those that attended!
Thank you again for attending the past UMSAT Shows.
We hope you had a Great Time and will Attend the 2019 Show!
2018 Spring Newsletter
The 2018 Spring Newsletter is Now Available!
Click Here to view your copy of the Spring Newsletter.
Please Note: You will need to log onto the GLSPS website as a Member to obtain your copy.
Support the GLSPS With Amazon Smile
Select the Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society as your supported organization at smile.amazon.com
A portion of every eligible Amazon Smile purchase will automatically be donated to the GLSPS!
Amazon also has thousands of discounted items, especially during holidays. New deals are being added daily, so take advantage of these specials while they last!
Become a Member
GLSPS membership is open to anyone interested in doing something to help preserve these amazing historic and recreational sites.
It's easy to become a member - annual dues are only $25. Your membership will entitle you to receive two newsletters per year, a GLSPS membership sticker, and an opportunity to participate in GLSPS sponsored projects. We are a non-profit 501.c3 organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Become a Member - Online Become a Member - Mail Form
GLSPS Member Benefits
- Two newsletters per year
- Access to the members view of the GLSPS website
- Opportunity to participate in the many exciting and rewarding projects aboard our research vessel the R/V Preservation
- Annual BBQ and Cruise on the R/V Preservation during the launch weekend
- A variety of training classes and programs the GLSPS offers for members
- Discounts on equipment rentals and free air for members participating in projects
- Discounts on dive equipment purchased from your local dive shops that participate in the annual Upper Midwest Scuba and Adventure Travel Show
- Annual General Membership Meeting held in the fourth quarter of the year, typically in November
- A chance to help the Society as an active member and, to learn new things to help you be more of a dynamic person at your careers and your everyday life
The most you will get out of being a member is the amazing satisfaction of knowing your annual dues and donations are going to a worthy cause to help protect and preserve maritime history for years to come.
You will receive many email communications and announcements
from the GLSPS website, www.glsps.org. SOme of the emails you will be receiving are, Newsletters, Meeting notices, Upcoming Programs and Projects, and any other GLSPS activities or society news.
The Board of Directors Meeting is the first Tuesday of each month and are open to any member. The meetings provide an opportunity to meet other Society members, to get involved, and to provide input into the direction of the Society.
So please join us in the fun helping preserve maritime history by clicking on the membership level you prefer.
Tax Deductible Membership Levels:
- Crew - $25
- Crew Family -$35.00 Up to Four Additional Family Membes
- Watchman - $50
- Watchman Family - $60.00 Up to Four additional Family Members
- Boatswain - $100
- Boatswain Family - $110.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
- Helmsman - $200
- Helmsman Family - $210.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
- Mate - $500
- Mate Family - $510.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
- Plank Owner - $1000 & Up
- Plank Owner Family - $1010.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
* Memberships Watchman and above are listed in our newsletters.
Thank you for considering becoming a GLSPS Member and we look forward to seeing you on our projects!
- GLSPS.org is once again our direct website address!
- All content from our legacy site has been transferred to ClubExpress.
- Note that ClubExpress sends you to glsps.clubexpress.com when you log into the website; this is expected behavior.
New Menu and Content
- Projects Archive
- Includes project info as far back as 1994, two years before the GLSPS was officially started!
- Highlights our ongoing efforts and provides summary for multi-year projects.
- The 2017 Organizational Structure has been added to the Program Documents. This outline lists the Society's Objectives, Priorities, Committees, Programs and Projects for the next few years. Here is the link to the Organizational Structure Outline
- Wrecks / Dive Sites
- Historical info, preservation efforts, current location, mooring buoy status (as available), and more!
We'd like to hear from you!
- The GLSPS is trying to save time and money for our Newsletters, Membership renewal notices and other correspondence by saving on paper, printing and postage. Please provide you email addresses by sending them to email@example.com
- Send any website comments, ideas, suggestions for improvements, corrections, etc to Nick Lintgen or Phil Kerber.