2006 Underwater Adventure Presentation Series
Come and join us for a series of presentations hosted by the Lake Superior Maritime Visitors Center that will take you to destinations in the South Pacific, Lake Superior and Arctic in search of underwater adventure.
- January 18 - In Search of The Lost Whaling Fleet of 1871 – The incredible story of the 1871 Whaling Disaster and the recent side scan sonar search for the 32 ships which were trapped in the arctic ice of the remote Chukchi Sea. - Randolph Beebe
- February 15 - Superior Adventures TV - From the Cold Waters of Lake Superior to the Warm Seas of Fiji, join Jay as he shares his superb underwater video as he travels across the globe - Jay Cole
- March 15 - Exploring the Shipwrecks of Lake Superior’s North Shore - Superior Scuba Center’s Jay Hanson takes us on an underwater tour of the many historic and well-preserved shipwrecks along the Minnesota North Shore - Jay Hanson
- April 12 - Truk Lagoon – John shares his underwater images of the incomparable wrecks of Truk Lagoon in the Pacific Ocean as well as the story of his recent visit - John Noseen
- May 17 - Belize Coral Reef Restoration Project - Dive the beautiful coral reefs of Belize and learn about an extensive cooperative restoration project with Innerspace Scuba’s Yan Saillard - Yan Saillard
Presentations will be in the general meeting room at the Lake Superior Maritime Visitors Center in Canal Park every month starting at 7:00pm. These talks will be open to the public and free of charge. Sponsored by the Duluth Chapter of the Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society. For more information, call Randy Beebe 218-525-0571.