Emergency First Response Class
Tuesday, March 11, 2020 from 6:00 to 9:30 PM.
Location - Lund's - Byerly's Edina MN
This class is an every other year class sponsored by the GLSPS. The class is a custom designed class in collaboration with the GLSPS and Scott Wemyss (Main Instructor) from Air Down There Scuba. The class will be held at the Lund's Community Room at the Lund's - 9345 W 50th St. Edina, MN 55424 on Wednesday, March 11, 2020 from 6:00 to 9:30 PM.
A fee of $95.00 covers both First Aid, CPR, AED and the O2 training. With the fee, which is $95.00, you will receive a PADI First Aid certification card and a separate SDI O2 certification card. You will also receive a Quick Reference Guide on a card during the class and two certification cards. One with the First Responder and the other with the O2 Certification. This is all part of the class fee.
Every time the class is offered it gets that much better!
The class is a very informative class and here are the subjects (including many other detailed subjects) that will be covered:
1. First Aid assessment and treatment for injuries sustained by an accident
2. CPR assessment and the proper procedures to perform CPR
3. The proper use of the AED (Automatic External Defibrillator)
4. Oxygen assessment, application with bags and positive pressure ventilators and will be touching a little on restricted airways.
5. Proper backboard procedures.
6. Proper rescue procedures for a drowning diver onshore and or from a boat.
7. Lightly discussing real in and out of water rescue, from shore and or a boat.
8. Light discussion on DCS symptoms to watch for, treatment and transport.
These and many more real world scenarios will be discussed, and simulated and practiced at the class, if applicable.
If interested in the Certification or re-certification, please register for the class by clicking on the "Register Button" above.
After you register, you will be receiving a confirmation from the GLSPS. Please print your copy to prove payment to Scott from Air Down There Scuba. A review and practice on Anne and Andy (practice dummies) during the class.
You will be receiving two certification cards for all the above procedures after you have practiced these procedures, are comfortable and ready to use them on a real live patient.
You will be pleasantly surprised on how much more you will learn or, don't know about saving someones life or a loved one.
If you have any questions about the class, please give Scott or Tracy a call at 651-482-0977 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you at the class.
GLSPS Board of Directors