Please Register to Help us Complete the List of Tasks Below and Prepare the GLSPS Research Vessel for this Years Projects.
Tasks that need to be performed on the R/V Preservation for 2013:
1. Prepare and paint red water line around boat.
2. Grind, clean and repaint areas on boat that are rusted.
3. Complete the fresh water hot water heater installation.
4. Prepare and Paint the very top of the boat where the radar is and where the Dingy is stored. (White in color).
5. Assess steering gear in rear bilge for fall removal and to rebuild over the winter. Re-install again in the spring 2014.
6. Replace starboard transmission output seal. (Starting to seep a bit).
7. Replace prop shaft seals on both shafts. (Order new ones during the summer of 2013)
8. Repair / replace both inlet lines from fresh water pumps to inlet of engine heat exchangers.
9. Replace drinking water filter and prepare for summer season.
10. Change oil on both engines.
11. Repair oil leak on oil changing system hose leading to starboard engine.
12. Change both fuel filters on both engines (4 total).
13. Change oil in both fuel injection pumps.
14. Recheck seal leak on rear shaft of starboard engine fuel injection pump.
15.Installed both brass props, stainless steel keys are stored in the orange water proof case in front (Head) compartment. (Second weekend project.)
16. Inserted legal paper work, license registrations and Insurance info in designated areas.
17. Install new sonar/ depth sounder with extra 10 ft cable.
18. Install water muffler for Scuba
19. Grease both rudder posts and linkage.
20. Check steering gear fluid level, used 80w-90 GL5 gear lube.
21. Replaced batteries in CO sensor, smoke detector, bilge heat sensor and digital clock.
22. Pressure washed entire outside of boat.
23. Add another coat of paint to rear deck.
24. Reseal (with silicone caulking) on bottom of wall.
25. Prepare and Paint back wall and door.
26. Prepare head system (chemical toilet) for use.
27. Inspect all fire extinguishers - Date and sign tags.
28. Inspect and install all safety equipment on boat including the First Aid Bag, AED, O2 pack, extra O2 bottle.
29. Check wiper blades and wiper motors operation.
30. Clean and vacuum all carpet (after all volunteers have left).
31. Check both main batteries. Add water if needed (used distilled water).
32. Check battery condition and water levels.
Scuba Compressor Service: (Beginning Hours = TBD)
1. Change Oil in 5 HP Honda Engine with Amsoil 10w - 30 Synthetic Small Engine Motor Oil.
2. Chang Oil in Bauer Compressor - with human grade synthetic oil.
3- Remove, lines and filter canisters and O2 clean them, and repack filter canisters with new chemicals on both primary and secondary filtering systems.
4. Check paper air filters on both compressor intake and boat intake hose that leads up the the radar mast.
5. Check belts.
6. Check all hoses for wear and any damage.
7. Check CO Monitor to see if still showing pink (Which is considered OK).
8. Check all bleed drain valves.
9. Clean any Debris and dust from external parts of the compressor.
10. Add one more support to water muffler on opposite side.
Please register for this event. We sure could use your help!
Thank you for volunteering
R/V Preservation Chairman