Fun Dives On-Board the RV Preservation Research Vessel
Please Join the GLSPS for A Fun Dive On the
"RV Preservation" Research Vessel
August 24 - 25, 2019
2018 Fun Dives with GLSPS Members (A Happy Crew)!
Air Down There Scuba Participants Discussing Where the Want to Do Their Next Dive
Fun Dives On-Board the RV Preservation Research Vessel - Lots of Room for Equipment
Please join us for an Adventure diving on-board the GLSPS Research and Work Vessel the "RV Preservation"
If you have never been on one of these famous Fun Dives, you are missing out on a great time!
As a GLSPS Member, you have the benefit of joining the Staff of the GLSPS on the Society's Research Vessel.
Any Dive Shop, Scuba Club or Scuba Facilities can Set Up an Event to Dive on-board the GLSPS Research Vessel. The only requirement is to become a Member of the GLSPS.
Please click on this link to "Become a Member" .
If interested in joining us on one or more of our multipal dive project events on-board the "RV Preservation", please check out our "2019 Projects Schedule".
Please click here to learn more about the August 24, 25, 2019 Fun Dive Event and to Register
If you are a GLSPS Member, please register ASAP or, if you are not a GLSPS Member, please become one and register for the event.
We hope to see YOU on one of these events! New and current members are welcome!
Intro to Shipwreck Diving With GLSPS and BSA Youth Group Program 2019
This annual program is where the GLSPS also invites youth groups such as the Boy Scouts of America (BSA Venture Crew 820) to experience shipwreck diving.
BSA Youth Group Dive Briefing Before the Dive on the S.P. Ely
Splash Down for the BSA Youth Group Dive Team
One of the Main Attractions for the Youth on the S.P. Ely is the Winch
For more Details about the 2019 Program, please click here to go to the Events page.
GLSPS Announces Another Project Series
"The Benjamin Noble 3D Photo Mosaic Project"
June 22 - 23, 2019 - June 29 - 30, 2019 -
(June 22 - 23 Postponed because of Weather)
(June 29 - 30 Postponed Until September 8 - 9)
September 8 - 9 2019
Please Join Us for This Adventurous Event!
RV Preservation setting up to lower the drop camera on the Hesper
To learn more about the Project and to see first hand how shipwreck hunting is done, please click on one of the three links below to read the description of each project.
You can register as a participant from the Event Page as well.
If you have any questions or comments about the above project, please contact the project leader by clicking on the above link.
Please Support the GLSPS With Amazon Smile
Please Select the Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society as your supported organization at smile.amazon.com
A portion of every eligible Amazon Smile purchase will automatically be donated to the GLSPS!
Amazon also has thousands of discounted items, especially during holidays. New deals are being added daily, so take advantage of these specials while they last!
The Annual 2019 UMSAT Show
To learn more, please visit the UMSAT Show website by clicking on the link below
UMSAT Show Website
Is your business related to Scuba Diving or Adventure Travel?
You can be a Platinum, Gold or Silver Sponsor for the Show!
If you are a business associated with Scuba Diving Maritime History, Adventure Sports or Travel, and would like to participate as an Exhibitor in our EXPO, please click on the button below for the Contract and Registration form.
UMSAT Show 2019 Exhibitors Contract
If you would like to help promote the UMSAT Show, please contact us for additional information on how you can help.
If you have any need for training, dive gear, repair services, tropical dive trips or charters to the great lakes, please use any of the sponsors listed below. You can click on any of the logos to find them on their websites. The logos are also on the front page of the UMSAT Show and GLSPS Websites.
If you kept your program books from the previous show, it has very valuable information in it that you can use throughout the year, including Dive Shops, Charter Services, repair services, and dive equipment. Please patronize the local businesses that advertise in the program book and listed as sponsors on the site. They may likely have a discount if you tell them you found their ad in the UMSAT Show Program Book!
If you would like to Advertise in the UMSAT Show Program Book, please contact us.
We Need VOLUNTEERS!
If you would like to VOLUNTEER to help at the show, please click on "Contact Us" and send Bob Nelson an email.
1/2 price on the lunch is given to all volunteers!
This year we presented Two Awards during the two hour lunch break. The featured speaker Brett Seymour gave us an awesome presentation after the award Ceremony. We are hoping to present the Second Award Recipient Dr. Richard Boyd to him however, he was ill and couldn't travel. We will be presenting is award at a later date.
Divers, historians, show speakers and shipwreck enthusiasts will join us for the sit down lunch to socialize, have a "Buffet Lunch" and honor our 2019 Award Winners.
Below are the Platinum, Gold and Silver Sponsors for the 2019
Please let us Know if you are Interested in Becoming a Sponsor!
Please give them the recognition by patronizing their businesses and visiting or calling them at their stores.
Please Click on the Logos Below to Gain Access to their Websites
Platinum - Sponsors for the 2019 UMSAT Show
Gold - Sponsors for the 2019 UMSAT Show
Silver - None this year
Past UMSAT shows have proven to be amazing
and entertaining, you DO NOT want to miss this year's show!
The 2019 UMSAT Show began
Friday, April 12, 2019
for the Friday Night at the Movies
Starting at 7:00 PM and went until 10:00 PM.
Saturday April 13, 2019 Was the Main Show
and started at 9:00 AM and ended 6:00 PM.
Thank you again for joining us for the UMSAT Show at the
Jimmy's Event, MN!!
UMSAT Show Committee
Show Cell - 612-567-3305
GLSPS Board of Directors
The UMSAT Show 2019 was another GREAT Show!
Our Sincere Thanks to those that attended!
The 2020 UMSAT Show will be April 2 - 3, 2020
Location will be the same as 2019 at the Jimmy's Event Center in Vadnais Heights MN
You cab see more by viewing the Left side bar of this website or go to the UMSAT Show website at https://umsatshow.org
Thank you again for attending the past UMSAT Shows.
We hope you had a Great Time and will Attend the 2020 Show!
GLSPS Board of Directors
2018 "Winter" Newsletter
The 2018 Winter Newsletter is Now Available!
Click Here to view your copy of the Winter Newsletter.
We are hoping for middle July to complete the "2019" Spring Newsletter.
The 2019 Spring Newsletter is not schedule to be published in til July this year.
Please Note: You will need to log onto the GLSPS website as a Member to obtain your copy.
Become a Member
GLSPS membership is open to anyone interested in doing something to help preserve these amazing historic and recreational sites.
It's easy to become a member - annual dues for the "Crew" basic membership level is only $25. Your membership will entitle you to receive two newsletters per year, a GLSPS membership sticker, and an opportunity to participate in GLSPS sponsored projects. We are a non-profit 501.c3 organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Become a Member - Online Become a Member - Mail Form
GLSPS Member Benefits
- Two newsletters per year
- Access to the members view of the GLSPS website
- Opportunity to participate in the many exciting and rewarding projects aboard our research vessel the R/V Preservation
- Annual BBQ and Cruise on the R/V Preservation during the launch weekend
- A variety of training classes and programs the GLSPS offers for members
- Discounts on equipment rentals and free air for members participating in projects
- Discounts on dive equipment purchased from your local dive shops that participate in the annual Upper Midwest Scuba and Adventure Travel Show
- Annual General Membership Meeting held in the fourth quarter of the year, typically in November
- A chance to help the Society as an active member and, to learn new things to help you be more of a dynamic person at your careers and your everyday life
The most you will get out of being a member is the amazing satisfaction of knowing your annual dues and donations are going to a worthy cause to help protect and preserve maritime history for years to come.
You will receive many email communications and announcements
from the GLSPS website, www.glsps.org. SOme of the emails you will be receiving are, Newsletters, Meeting notices, Upcoming Programs and Projects, and any other GLSPS activities or society news.
The Board of Directors Meeting is the first Tuesday of each month and are open to any member. The meetings provide an opportunity to meet other Society members, to get involved, and to provide input into the direction of the Society.
So please join us in the fun helping preserve maritime history by clicking on the membership level you prefer.
Tax Deductible Membership Levels:
- Crew - $25
- Crew Family -$35.00 Up to Four Additional Family Membes
- Watchman - $50
- Watchman Family - $60.00 Up to Four additional Family Members
- Boatswain - $100
- Boatswain Family - $110.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
- Helmsman - $200
- Helmsman Family - $210.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
- Mate - $500
- Mate Family - $510.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
- Plank Owner - $1000 & Up
- Plank Owner Family - $1010.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
* Memberships Watchman and above are listed in our newsletters.
Thank you for considering becoming a GLSPS Member and we look forward to seeing you on a future project!
- GLSPS.org is once again our direct website address!
- All content from our legacy site has been transferred to ClubExpress.
- Note that ClubExpress sends you to glsps.clubexpress.com when you log into the website; this is expected behavior.
New Menu and Content
- Projects Archive
- Includes project info as far back as 1994, two years before the GLSPS was officially started!
- Highlights our ongoing efforts and provides summary for multi-year projects.
- The 2017 Organizational Structure has been added to the Program Documents. This outline lists the Society's Objectives, Priorities, Committees, Programs and Projects for the next few years. Here is the link to the Organizational Structure Outline
- Wrecks / Dive Sites
- Historical info, preservation efforts, current location, mooring buoy status (as available), and more!
We'd like to hear from you!
- The GLSPS is trying to save time and money for our Newsletters, Membership renewal notices and other correspondence by saving on paper, printing and postage. Please provide you email addresses by sending them to email@example.com
- Send any website comments, ideas, suggestions for improvements, corrections, etc to Nick Lintgen or Phil Kerber.