The Annual 2020 UMSAT Show
Cancelled Because of the COVID-19 Outbreak!
April 3 - 4, 2020
Friday - 7:00 - 10:00 PM
Saturday - 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Jimmy's Event Center
(Entrance Through East Door)
3565 Labore Rd.
Vadnais Heights, MN 55110
In light of the concerns with the corona-virus (COVID-19) in the US, the UMSAT Show Planning Committee and the Board of Directors have decided to CANCEL the 2020 UMSAT Show.
The next UMSAT Show is Scheduled for April 9 -10, 2021 at the same venue. Please mark you calendars!
If you were associated with the 2020 UMSAT Show, we would like to thank everyone that volunteered to help with the planning! We really appreciated the following groups of people:
1. UMSAT Show Committee Members
2. GLSPS Board of Directors
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by phone 612-567-3305 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you again and we hope to see you at next year's 2021 UMSAT Show.
Please Note: There is always information about the next UMSAT Show on the left side bar of this website.
GLSPS Board of Directors
UMSAT Show Committee
Please Support the GLSPS With Amazon Smile
Please Select the Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society as your supported organization at smile.amazon.com
A portion of every eligible Amazon Smile purchase will automatically be donated to the GLSPS!
Amazon also has thousands of discounted items, especially during holidays. New deals are being added daily, so take advantage of these specials while they last!
2019 "Spring/Summer & Winter" Newsletters
The 2019 Spring/Summer and Winter Newsletters is Now Available!
Please Note: You will need to log onto the GLSPS website as a Member to obtain your copy.
Click Here to view your copy of the "2019 Spring/Summer Newsletter".
Click Here to view your copy of the "2019 Winter Newsletter".
Become a Member
GLSPS membership is open to anyone interested in helping preserve maritime history.
It's easy to become a member - annual dues for the "Crew" basic membership level is only $25. Your membership will entitle you to receive two newsletters per year, a GLSPS membership sticker, and an opportunity to participate in GLSPS sponsored projects. We are a non-profit 501.c3 organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Become a Member - Online Become a Member - Mail Form
GLSPS Member Benefits
- Two newsletters per year
- Access to the members view of the GLSPS website
- Opportunity to participate in the many exciting and rewarding projects aboard our research vessel the R/V Preservation
- Annual BBQ and Cruise on the R/V Preservation during the launch weekend
- A variety of training classes and programs the GLSPS offers for members
- Discounts on equipment rentals and free air for members participating in projects
- Discounts on dive equipment purchased from your local dive shops that participate in the annual Upper Midwest Scuba and Adventure Travel Show
- Annual General Membership Meeting held in the fourth quarter of the year, typically in November
- A chance to help the Society as an active member, learn more about preserving maritime history. It's also a great way to help you become more of a dynamic person in your careers and your everyday life
The best thing about being a member is the satisfaction of knowing your annual dues and donations are going to a worthy cause to help protect and preserve maritime history for years to come.
You will receive email communications and announcements
from the GLSPS website, www.glsps.org. Some of the emails you will be receiving are, Newsletters, Meeting notices, Upcoming Programs and Projects, and any other GLSPS activities or society news.
The Board of Directors Meeting is the first Tuesday of each month and are open to any member. The meetings provide an opportunity to meet other Society members, to get involved, and to provide input into the direction of the Society.
Starting November 2019,
we now broadcast all of our meetings using the "Zoom" Online Meeting System. Any member can obtain the link to "Zoom" into the meetings by going to the "Calendar", then look for the meeting date. Click on the event. On the front page of the event, please scroll down to the description where you will find the link to the Zoom Meeting. Please Note: Only Members can connect to the meeting using Zoom.
So please join us in the fun helping preserve maritime history by clicking on the membership level you prefer.
Tax Deductible Membership Levels:
- Crew - $25
- Crew Family -$35.00 Up to Four Additional Family Membes
- Watchman - $50
- Watchman Family - $60.00 Up to Four additional Family Members
- Boatswain - $100
- Boatswain Family - $110.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
- Helmsman - $200
- Helmsman Family - $210.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
- Mate - $500
- Mate Family - $510.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
- Plank Owner - $1000 & Up
- Plank Owner Family - $1010.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
* Memberships Watchman and above are listed in our newsletters.
Thank you for considering becoming a GLSPS Member and we look forward to seeing you on a future project!
- GLSPS.org is once again our direct website address!
- All content from our legacy site has been transferred to ClubExpress.
- Note that ClubExpress sends you to glsps.clubexpress.com when you log into the website; this is expected behavior.
New Menu and Content
- Projects Archive
- Includes project info as far back as 1994, two years before the GLSPS was officially started!
- Highlights our ongoing efforts and provides summary for multi-year projects.
- The 2017 Organizational Structure has been added to the Program Documents. This outline lists the Society's Objectives, Priorities, Committees, Programs and Projects for the next few years. Here is the link to the Organizational Structure Outline
- Wrecks / Dive Sites
- Historical info, preservation efforts, current location, mooring buoy status (as available), and more!
We'd like to hear from you!
- The GLSPS is trying to save time and money for our Newsletters, Membership renewal notices and other correspondence by saving on paper, printing and postage. Please provide you email addresses by sending them to email@example.com
- Send any website comments, ideas, suggestions for improvements, corrections, etc to Nick Lintgen or Phil Kerber.